BOISE, Idaho, Aug. 4, 2015 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Micron Technology, Inc. (Nasdaq:MU) today announced a new portfolio of SAS solid state drives (SSDs) that are workload-optimized for customers demanding continuous availability of their enterprise applications, such as data analytics, financial transactions and media streaming.
The new Micron S600DC SSD series offer IT managers a compelling solution by incorporating a better overall package of customer benefits than previous drive offerings, including consistent performance, industry-leading storage capacity, and superior data availability and security. The SSD series is the first product family developed as part of Micron's strategic agreement with Seagate earlier this year. It combines flash innovation and SAS expertise from both companies.
Flash technology is driving significant growth in SAS markets. Micron projects a 59 percent growth rate for SAS SSDs over the next four years*. SSD adoption is gaining quickly in business-critical, data-intensive applications, such as credit card transactions and health records processing, which place significant emphasis on data availability and reliability. The S600DC series, which includes the S610DC, S630DC and S650DC, delivers the performance benefits of Micron's trusted flash storage technology while still providing the enterprise-hardened reliability, capacity, and encryption demanded by today's storage architects.
"These new SAS drives fill a critical position in our enterprise SSD portfolio, expanding storage solutions that cross applications, workloads and interfaces," said Darren Thomas, vice president of storage at Micron. "These offerings extend our leadership as an end-to-end enterprise flash storage provider, from technology all the way to our workload-optimized SSDs."
"Our partners and customers depend on flash technologies to meet the challenges of providing fast performance in data analytics, while staying within expenditure limits. The Micron - Seagate partnership created the storage technology necessary in this offering to exceed their expectations," said Brett Pemble, general manager, flash products division at Seagate Cloud Systems and Electronics Solutions.
The key product features of the S600DC SSD series include:
- Industry-leading storage density with up to 4TB-class capacity in a 2.5-inch form factor
- High performance of the dual-port interface can provide up to 1,800MB/s sequential read performance or high data availability with failover redundancy
- Power loss protection maintains data integrity and prevents the loss of user data in flight in the event of unexpected power interruptions
- Superior data protection and reliability is achieved by combining full internal and external data path protection and multi-layered error recovery technology with advanced error detection/correction encoding optimized for NAND media
- Multiple layers of security including secure diagnostics that help prevent malicious attacks, self-encrypting drive capability secures user data, and FIPS certification to ensure the drive meets stringent security standards
The Micron S600 series SSDs are in initial production and will be sold directly to data center equipment manufacturers and through Micron's distribution partners. For details on the advantages of selecting Micron for flash solutions, see online here.
Follow us online! Take part in Micron's social conversations where we're talking all things storage and memory:
- Blog: www.micron.com/about/blogs
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/MicronStorage
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/micron-technology
- YouTube™: www.youtube.com/microntechnology
*59% CAGR for SAS SSDs from 2015 through 2019 is based on Micron views of industry analyst and internal data.
Micron Technology, Inc.
Micron Technology, Inc., is a global leader in advanced semiconductor systems. Micron's broad portfolio of high-performance memory technologies—including DRAM, NAND and NOR Flash—is the basis for solid state drives, modules, multichip packages and other system solutions. Backed by more than 35 years of technology leadership, Micron's memory solutions enable the world's most innovative computing, consumer, enterprise storage, networking, mobile, embedded and automotive applications. Micron's common stock is traded on the NASDAQ under the MU symbol. To learn more about Micron Technology, Inc., visit www.micron.com
CONTACT: PR Contact: Melinda Jenkins Zeno Group for Micron Technology 650-801-7957 email@example.com