New Micron 1100 and 2100 SSDs Deliver Next-Generation Performance to Redefine the Client Computing Experience
- Micron introduces the 1100 SATA and 2100 PCIe NVMe SSDs, expanding its client-class portfolio
- 3D NAND enables high capacity 2TB of client storage in a 2.5-inch form factor
- Delivers extreme read performance that is up to 1900X faster for the 2100 SSD and 900X faster for the 1100 SSD, configured running client standard implementation, when compared to HDDs1
- Increase battery life with low power states that are up to 98% more efficient than HDDs1
- Micron's first client PCIe NVMe solution, the Micron 2100 SSD provides true plug and play performance and an attractive total cost of ownership (TCO) while reducing latency
Enhancing Micron's portfolio of client data storage solutions, these next-generation 3D NAND flash SSDs deliver the security, performance, endurance, efficiency and capacity that IT administrators, OEMs and power users crave.
The Micron 1100 and 2100 SSD product families are designed to address the storage demands of today's most challenging client computing platforms, including Ultrabook™ and tablets as well as performance-oriented PC desktops and workstations. Micron's newest line of 3D NAND SSDs delivers the speed, capacity and power needed to handle massive files, images and multimedia workloads.
"With the growing demands of mobile computing driving the need for high-capacity, high-performance NAND flash technology, Micron is well-positioned for growth," said
"Micron is raising the bar for power-efficient, high-performance storage and revolutionizing the client computing experience for all users, from the board room to the class room," said
The new Micron 1100 and 2100 SSDs deliver world-class data protection, endurance, power efficiency, reliability and performance at an attractive cost, plus effortless management for users and IT administrators. Key benefits across both drive lines include:
Power Efficiency - Micron maximizes efficiency by reducing power consumption to deliver deep energy savings for notebooks and desktops alike, extending device battery life and user productivity.
Performance -Dynamic Write Acceleration has been optimized for common client computing environments, where data writing operations tend to occur in bursts, offering the increased performance without decreasing user capacity.
Security - In today's world, protecting valuable data is a top priority. The Micron 1100 and 2100 SSDs deliver top-of-the-line solid secure features, by placing parameters at the core to protect user data.
Durability - Each Micron SSD is carefully designed for an intended workload, meeting the necessary endurance and reliability specifications required.
Manageability - With Micron's Storage Executive software, a simple interface enables users to proactively monitor drive health and perform firmware updates. Additionally, the sanitize feature allows users to easily erase, repurpose and retire an SSD.
Micron 1100 SSD: Stop the Spin, Gain an Advantage
Featuring the industry's highest capacity
Micron 2100 SSD: Data Delivered so Fast, it's Nearly Instantaneous
Introducing Micron's first client PCIe NVMe solution, the Micron 2100 SSD transcends to the next dimension of storage with lower latency and unbridled performance for demanding client workloads, such as video creation and editing, online streaming and high-end gaming. The Micron 2100 SSD enables high-end client computing with simple plug and play capability. Providing four times the bandwidth of standard SATA SSDs, the Micron 2100 SSD reduces data lag and bottlenecks by allowing massive volumes of data to be processed simultaneously. By leveraging the low latency NVMe protocol, the Micron 2100 SSD is able to deliver 1900X faster read performance while reducing response times by 98%, configured running client standard implementations, when compared to HDDs1.
Micron 1100 and 2100 3D NAND SSDs are now sampling with key OEMs. The 1100 SSD is expected to begin production in July with the 2100 SSD expected to follow in summer of 2016.
1 Compared against a 2.5-inch consumer 7200 RPM HDD, tested internally, configured running client standard implementations.
- Micron 3D NAND Client SSDs http://bit.ly/25qqO0p
- Micron 3D NAND Client SSDs Media Kit http://bit.ly/1X0UnkR
- Micron 1100 Product Page http://bit.ly/1P42Ssf
- Link to Micron media kit: https://www.micron.com/about/news-and-events
- Blog: www.micron.com/about/blogs
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/MicronStorage
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/micron-storage
- YouTube™: www.youtube.com/microntechnology
David Oro Micron Technology707-558-8585 firstname.lastname@example.org
News Provided by Acquire Media